Among the hyperlinks beneath are affiliate hyperlinks, so we could obtain a fee, for gratis to you, should you make a purchase order by a hyperlink. Examine our disclosure for more information.
THESE SOFT, DECADENT, CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT COOKIES ARE MADE WITH WHOLE NATURAL INGREDIENTS: A GUILT-FREE TREAT THAT YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO STOP EATING
I wished to make one thing particular as a Christmas present this 12 months, to offer to household and associates.
And everybody loves Christmas cookies!
However as I’m attempting to eat a lot more healthy than ever earlier than, I used to be in search of one thing with out refined sugar, that solely used complete pure components.
Impressed by my vegan chocolate amaretti, made with almond flour, I made a decision to attempt a cookie with floor hazelnuts.
And certainly one of my favourite combos, since I used to be a toddler, is chocolate and hazelnut (Nutella anybody?). So I believed I ought to take inspiration from this indulgent mixture.
The toasted wealthy nutty taste of hazelnut blended with chocolate is one thing out of this world. And these cookies should not simply excellent for Christmas. They’re completely scrumptious to eat all 12 months spherical.
Chocolate lovers will go loopy for these cookies!
However to make this particular deal with as wholesome as doable, as a substitute of utilizing sugar, like within the unique amaretti recipe I believed: why not utilizing Medjool dates?
Medjool dates have a wealthy, virtually caramel-like style and a mushy, chewy texture. I believed this might work completely with the darkish cocoa powder and floor hazelnut.
And I’m completely happy to report, I wasn’t incorrect.
These chocolate hazelnut cookies are merely scrumptious: should you like chocolate AND hazelnuts, you possibly can’t go incorrect. Plus they take such a little bit effort and time they usually look spectacular.
They don’t seem to be extraordinarily low-cost (as they’re just about 95% hazelnuts and dates), however they’re the proper festive deal with.
They’re vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
So what are the components of those chocolate hazelnut cookies?
These flourless, refined sugar-free cookies comprise solely:
- Chopped and floor hazelnuts: I used natural complete hazelnuts, however you should use hazelnut flour in order for you. I discover that grinding my very own hazelnuts leads to a a lot nicer texture and deeper taste.
- Cocoa powder: I used natural uncooked cocoa powder, however any darkish, vegan cocoa powder will work.
- Medjool dates: these dates are a lot softer than regular dates. Once you grind them within the meals processor they dissolve right into a chewy caramel-like paste. That’s what makes them excellent to sweeten these cookies.
- Floor flaxseeds: floor flax seeds are an important a part of vegan baking. You should utilize them to make flax eggs to substitute rooster eggs.
- Water: to bind the components collectively.
- A pinch of salt
And if you wish to make these cookies as a Christmas present, I believe packing them in a stunning picket field will assist to make them further particular.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies (Sugar-Free)
These mushy, decadent, chocolate hazelnut cookies are made with complete pure components: a guilt-free deal with that you simply will not have the ability to cease consuming.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook dinner Time10 minutes
Whole Time25 minutes
Key phrase: chocolate hazelnut cookies, hazelnut cookies, sugar free cookies, Vegan Christmas Cookies
Servings: 10 cookies
Writer: Sara @ Gathering Goals
Preheat the oven to 160°C/320F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Make the flax eggs: add the floor flax seeds and water to a dish and stir. Let it relaxation for five minutes to thicken.
Take 1 cup (150 g) of hazelnuts and grind them into a rough powder in a meals processor. Don’t fret should you get some larger chunks. They’ll simply add further texture to the cookies. Put aside the bottom hazelnuts in a mixing bowl.
In the identical meals processor, grind the Medjool dates right into a paste, by including 1 tablespoon of water and the flax egg.
Chop the remaining 1/three cup (50 g) of hazelnuts in chunkier items and unfold them onto a tray.
In an enormous mixing bowl, mix the bottom hazelnuts, date paste, salt, and cacao powder. Combine all of it effectively to bind all of the components collectively and produce a thick, sticky paste that may be fashioned into sticky balls in your arms.
Divide the dough into 10 equally sized items. Roll every portion of dough between the palms of your arms to kind a ball. Squash the ball a bit to offer it a cookie form then evenly press every one into the chopped hazelnuts to coat.
Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Take away from the oven and let the cookies quiet down earlier than shifting them to a plate or hermetic container. Watch out as they’re fairly crumbly when they’re sizzling. Resist the urge to attempt one heat, as they’re much higher after they quiet down.
- Dietary values are per cookie.
- Once you take away the cookies from the oven they are going to be fairly mushy. Don’t be tempted to cook dinner them for longer! They’ll harden whereas they quiet down.
- You possibly can retailer these cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for as much as 1 week!
- Should you don’t have flax seeds helpful, you may also use chia seeds instead. Bear in mind to grind the chia seeds earlier than including water.
- Should you don’t need to make this recipe vegan however solely gluten-free, you should use 1 egg white as a substitute of a flax egg.
- Particular tip: If you wish to make this recipe further particular, use toasted hazelnuts for the hazelnuts you’ll grind. And use untoasted hazelnuts for the chopped hazelnuts you’ll use to coat (as they’ll toast within the oven).
Energy: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg
Should you attempt making these chocolate hazelnut cookies, let me understand how a lot you want them!
FIND MORE DELICIOUS COOKIES RECIPES HERE:
VEGAN CHOCOLATE AMARETTI COOKIES
25 IRRESISTIBLE VEGAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES
In case you are fascinated by beginning your personal weblog, take a look at my step-by-step information! I’ll present you every little thing it is advisable to do to begin a profitable money-making weblog!
Take a look at all the most effective sources to your weblog! I discover all these sources so invaluable and I’m positive they’ll assist you to as a lot as they helped me.